A recent publication from the Oregon State Bar Legal Publications, Oregon Civil Pleading and Litigation has won an Award of Outstanding Achievement from the Association for Continuing Legal Education (ACLEA). Ten Tonkon Torp litigators contributed their expertise to the innovative three-volume resource. The OSB Legal Publications team was presented with the award at the virtual Annual Meeting of ACLEA held in August 2021.
Partners Caroline Harris Crowne and Dan Skerritt were members of the editorial review board for the publication, and helped to develop and organize the list of topics for inclusion, recruit authors for the 48 chapters, and provide peer-review for the draft chapters. Dan has been a co-editor of several prior editions of Oregon Civil Pleading and Practice.
Attorneys who authored chapters in Oregon Civil Pleading and Litigation are:
- Michael Willes, Oregon State Courts: Overview and Rules
- Jeff Bradford, Venue
- Frank Weiss and Sadie Concepción, Individual Parties and Representative Capacity
- Steven Wilker and Stephanie Grant, Business Entities as Parties
- Megan Reuther, Service, Summons, and Notice Requirements
- Robert Koch, Appellate Considerations for Trial Counsel
The publication is available in the OSB’s online bookstore.