Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits
Tonkon Torp’s executive compensation and employee benefits attorneys assist clients with performance-based incentive programs, equity-based plans, tax-qualified retirement plans, and supplemental retirement plans. We work closely with client management and human resource teams to design optimal programs, prepare required documents and advise on ongoing administration or termination of complex programs.
When compensation and benefits matters are triggered during mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other major business transactions, we guide clients in protecting their interests and ensuring the integrity of the transactions. Clients faced with benefits-related litigation, including claims under ERISA, also have access to Tonkon Torp's labor and employment litigation team for counsel and effective, experienced representation.
Our experience covers a range of matters, including:
- Stock-based compensation plans
- Tax-qualified retirement plans
- Non-qualified deferred compensation and supplemental retirement plans
- Health and welfare benefits plans, including compliance with ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA and other statutes
- Cafeteria plans and fringe benefits plans
- Change of control and severance plans and agreements
- 403(b) and 457 plans for nonprofit organizations
Tonkon Torp Guides Pacific Foods through Oregon’s Largest Acquisition of 2017
Tonkon Torp led Oregon's largest M&A transaction in 2017, the $700 million acquisition of Tualatin-based Pacific Foods of Oregon LLC by Campbell Investment Company. Pacific Foods is an iconic, nationally distributed organic food brand founded in 1987.