When a workplace dispute escalates, we help employers get the problem resolved. Whether settling out of court or through successful representation at trial or on appeal, our attorneys are experienced with defending employment claims before all levels of federal and state courts or agencies.
Our experience includes working on the following kinds of issues:
- Harassment and discrimination
- Retaliation and whistleblowing claims
- Wage and hour claims, including class actions
- Disability discrimination and accommodation
- Family and medical leave claims
- Wrongful termination and related tort and contract claims
- Employment contracts
- Pension and employee benefits
- Misappropriation of trade secrets and enforcement of non-competition agreements
Tonkon Torp Secures Complete Victory – and Wins Attorneys’ Fees – in Employment Litigation Matter for Sunshine Retirement Living
In a very rare decision by a federal court, Tonkon Torp partner Haley Morrison won attorneys’ fees for the defense in a case alleging state and federal discrimination and retaliation claims. Morrison, along with local counsel from Troutman Pepper’s Atlanta office, defended Sunshine Retirement Living in the case brought by a former employee, before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
Fashion House Dooney & Bourke Wins with Tonkon Torp
Tonkon Torp trial attorneys Scott Seidman and Colin Geiger were victorious in defending Dooney & Bourke, Inc., in a wage claims trial in the U. S. District Court in Portland. Find details and more featured cases here.