Lisa is an Intellectual Property Paralegal at Tonkon Torp, with over 24 years of experience in intellectual property and trademark administration. Her intellectual property experience includes:
- Managing client trademark and copyright portfolios.
- Prosecuting trademark applications on a worldwide basis.
- Performing trademark searches and assisting in preparation of search analysis regarding registrability and infringement risk for proposed trademarks and service marks.
- Preparing responses to trademark office actions.
- Assisting in oppositions of trademark applications.
- Maintaining trademark database for all clients.
Lisa previously worked in San Francisco for a boutique intellectual property firm. Her prior experience includes both trademark and litigation work.
Community Involvement & Activities
Tonkon Torp attorney Chris Erickson and paralegal Lisa Gabel have been appointed to committees of the International Trademark Association (INTA) for the 2016-2017 term. Erickson is joining the Non-Traditional Marks Committee, which develops and advocates INTA’s policy regarding the balanced protection of nontraditional trademarks (e.g., sound, color, trade dress).