On September 30, Tonkon Torp attorney Danny Newman participated in a case law panel at the 2022 Annual Meeting of the Oregon State Bar Debtor-Creditor Section.
Danny’s panel discussed recent debtor-creditor case decisions, and Danny presented on those from the Ninth Circuit. The Ninth Circuit cases touched on issues including tax debt, IRS liens, schedule inclusion and discharge, standards for conversion from Chapter 11 to Chapter 7, and availability of post-petition interest to certain unsecured creditors in chapter 11. The cases are:
- In re Stevens, 15 F.4th 1214 (2021)
- In re Sienega, 18 F.4th 1164 (2021)
- In re Hutchinson, 15 F.4th 1229 (2021)
- In re Berkovich, 15 F.4th 997 (2021)
- Milkovich v. United States, — F.4th —-, 2022 WL 610295 (2022)
- In re Baroni, 36 F.4th 958 (2022)
- Kassas v. State Bar of California, 42 F.4th 1123 (2022)
- In re PG&E Corporation, — F.4th —- (2022)
Danny is an associate in Tonkon Torp’s Litigation Department and Bankruptcy & Creditor Rights Practice Group. He represents clients on large and complex bankruptcy cases, bet-the-company commercial and energy litigation, government investigations and enforcement actions, and various election-law related proceedings.