With decades of experience representing investment funds, our advice covers a broad scope of legal and compliance issues faced by funds and their managers under state and federal laws and regulations.
We also leverage the skills of multiple areas of law to provide a full range of services to our clients, including:
- Fund structure, formation and documentation
- Business term alternatives
- Tax and ERISA analysis
- Marketing arrangements
- Investor negotiations, including side letters and coinvestment structures
- Structuring funds to comply with banking regulations (for funds sponsored by banks)
- Contracts with service providers
- Manager structure and formation issues
- Fund transactions, including portfolio loans and investments, acquisitions, dispositions, coinvestments and portfolio company representation
Protecting Trademarks in a Global Marketplace
The global marketplace offers tremendous growth opportunities. It also presents new challenges for protecting intellectual property across international borders. To help clients protect the integrity and value of their brand, Tonkon Torp intellectual property attorney Chris Erickson has adopted a global perspective on his trademark practice to help companies register and protect their trademarks and service marks in the U.S. and throughout the world. Tonkon Torp is a full service trademark firm – taking companies through risk assessment to filing and registration, and litigation if necessary.