We also provide comprehensive counsel across all areas of the law to help these essential industries grow and succeed, including:
- Environmental, waste water, air permitting, clean-up and easement work
- Water rights due diligence
- Agricultural property acquisition and financing
- Business administration and regulatory compliance
- Labor and employment matters
- Corporate finance, including mergers, acquisitions and public offerings
Tonkon Torp Wins Dismissal of RICO Claims Attacking Cannabis Industry – First of its Kind in 9th Circuit
Tonkon Torp secured a dismissal of civil RICO claims filed in federal court based on defendants' involvement in an Oregon Medical Marijuana Program grow operation. Four civil RICO cases have been filed this year in Oregon against nearly 300 businesses and individuals engaged in state-authorized cannabis activity.
Tonkon Torp Harvests Victory for Oregon Radish Seed Farmers
Tonkon Torp represented 45 Northwest farmers in a dispute with an East Coast commercial bank over who should receive the proceeds from the sale of the farmers’ radish seed crop. Find details and more featured cases here.
Tonkon Torp and Law Firm Alliance Partner Facilitate Key Technology Merger
Tonkon Torp represented Key Technology in its acquisition of Belgium-based Visys N.V. The deal, valued at approximately $21 million, created a single source of high-performance sorting technologies for food processing and other industrial markets. Find details and more featured cases here.