Jessica is the Associate Executive Director of the Oregon Facilities Authority (OFA), an Oregon state agency housed at Tonkon Torp. Her responsibilities with OFA include compliance, SNAP Bond marketing, and facilitating OFA transactions. The Oregon Facilities Authority has issued over $3 billion in bonds in its history.
Jessica's work for investment management clients includes:
- Advising on regulatory compliance of SEC and state rules and regulations, compliance policies and procedures, code of ethics, state and federal regulatory requests, state and federal regulatory filings, and GLBA privacy.
- Drafting of merger and acquisitions transaction documents, investment management and advisory agreements, solicitation agreements and disclosure documents.
- Prepared offering documents for investment funds and fund managers.
- Drafting corporate transaction documents and counseling on business matters.
- Corporate and investment fund formation - LLCs, corporations, LPs.
- Participation in board meetings, preparation and advice on corporate governance.
Get To Know
Featured Representative Matters
Private Investment Companies
Private Investment Funds
Tonkon Torp Represents Vestas in Acquisition of UpWind Solutions
Tonkon Torp represented its client Vestas, the world's largest manufacturer of wind turbines, in the acquisition of UpWind Solutions, Inc., an independent service provider for wind power plants in nine US states. The $60 million acquisition furthers Vestas's strategic objectives for its North America service business.
Community Involvement & Activities
Oregon State Bar House of Delegates
2016-Present, Region 5, Delegate
Oregon Club of Portland
2015-Present, Board of Directors
Greater Portland Compliance Association
Board of Directors
Portland Business Alliance
Leadership Portland Class of 2016
Multnomah Bar Association
Oregon Women Lawyers
Awards & Recognition
Tonkon Torp Attorneys Lead Education Meeting for Greater Portland Compliance Association
Jessica Morgan and Alex Tinker Featured on Western Regional Conference Panel
Tonkon Torp Announces Four New Partners
Supreme Court Throws Out SEC Administrative Law Judge Process
Elder Abuse Prevention and Prosecution Act
SEC's Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations Priorities for 2018
Publications & Presentations
"Compliance and Enforcement Update," Greater Portland Compliance Association, September 2018
Panelist, "Drug Money in the Age of Regulated Cannabis," RIMS, The Risk Management Society Western Regional Conference, September 2018
"Compliance and Enforcement Update," Greater Portland Compliance Association, October 2017
"Fund Strategies & Structures: Trends and Best Practices," Oregon Angel Fund, June 2017
"Department of Labor Fiduciary Rule Overview," Greater Portland Compliance Association, September 2016
"To Be or Not to Be an Equity Crowdfunding Portal?" March 2016
"Cyber Security," Greater Portland Compliance Association Q2 Educational Session, June 2015
"Data Breaches: Legal, Regulatory and Reputational Issues," Women's Networking Group, March 2015
"M&A Brokers and Avoiding Broker-Dealer Registration," October 2014
"SEC Guidance on Cybersecurity and Use of Social Media," Greater Portland Compliance Association, June 2014