To understand and navigate the complex world of employee benefits and compensation, organizations of all sizes turn to Tonkon Torp. Our attorneys provide counsel, design and implementation of effective programs that meet legal and IRS requirements and which reflect current best practices and the specific management needs of each organization, whether privately or publicly held, or a nonprofit entity.
Our attorneys stay up-to-date on legislation and regulations, such as the recent federal healthcare reform that affects organizations. We advise employers on how to plan for and best address compliance issues that arise from this legislation.
From performance based incentive programs to pension, profit sharing and supplemental retirement plans, we work with management and human resource professionals within client organizations to design optimal programs, prepare required documents and advise on ongoing administration (or termination) of complex programs.
When compensation and benefits matters are triggered during mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other major business transactions, the practice group guides clients in protecting their interests and ensuring the integrity of the transactions.
Our experience covers a range of matters, including:
- Stock-based compensation plans
- Tax qualified retirement plans
- Non-qualified deferred compensation and supplemental retirement plans
- Health and welfare benefits plans, including compliance with ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA and other statutes
- Cafeteria plans and fringe benefits plans
- Change of control and severance plans and agreements
- 403(b) and 457 plans for nonprofit organizations
Clients faced with benefits-related (ERISA) litigation have access to Tonkon Torp's Labor & Employment
litigation team for counsel and effective, experienced representation.