With our roots in the Northwest, Tonkon Torp is especially experienced and skilled at representing the interests of the forest product industry. Our clients include privately held and publicly traded companies involved in timber growing and harvesting, and associated environmental compliance. As with other land-intensive industries, our forest products clients appreciate Tonkon Torp's real estate, land use and environmental expertise. We also draw on our extensive corporate and litigation experience to provide a full range of legal services.
From private timber companies and sawmills to timberland owners, our expertise includes representing clients in matters regarding the National Forest Management Act, The National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), The Endangered Species Act (ESA), the Clean Water Act, and state and local regulations. We are also experienced at negotiations with organizations such as the U.S. Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management.
Our services for the forest products industry include:
- Acquisition, disposition and financing of timberlands, mill facilities and related assets
- Natural resources preservation and environmental issues
- Land use planning
- Corporate and general business counseling
- Contract preparation, negotiation, and enforcement
- Trade association lobbying
- Litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Wealth planning for management and donors
- Antitrust and marketing advice
- Employee benefits and labor relations