Construction and development clients face particular legal challenges in real estate, land use and environmental matters, as well as general business and litigation issues. Tonkon Torp has the multidisciplinary expertise to partner successfully with clients in the construction and design industry. We represent developers, owners, architects and engineers, construction managers and insurers, contractors and subcontractors, and material suppliers.
Tonkon Torp can help with every aspect of the development process, from transactional matters to land use proceedings before local governments to onsite personnel and materials issues. Our attorneys have established relationships with such governing organizations as the Portland City Council and the Portland City Planning Commission.
We draw on our industry understanding and legal expertise to advise construction and development clients on:
- Real estate acquisition, financing, development, and sales
- Environmental due diligence and compliance, with respect to local, state and federal regulations
- Land use and zoning
- Drafting and reviewing contracts, bidding documents, and other agreements
- Litigation and resolution of disputes regarding land-related matters such as encroachments, easements, and water rights; payment, liability, and delay damage; and construction/design deficiency
- Labor and employment issues
- Tax matters