How to Record Departure from the United States After the Fact

March 16, 2004
Turning in an I-94 card provides a record of timely departure from the United States. If a record of timely departure does not exist, the nonimmigrant traveler risks delays, status issues and possibly deportation. Note, however, that if an I-94 card is not turned in upon departure, there is a way to update the government's computer record of the departure.