2017 H-1B Cap Breakfast Briefing and Executive Orders Update
Feb 15, 2017
A free breakfast briefing event.
We will discuss the upcoming H1-B season and give an update on the Executive Orders issued by the Trump Administration, their impact on international travel and actions to take looking forward.
Wednesday, February 15 from 7:45-9:30am (this event has been rescheduled from its orginal date of February 3)
Tonkon Torp LLP - 888 SW 5th Ave, Suite 1600 Portland, OR 97204
New Year's Resolution: Prepare for H-1B Cap season! Tonkon's got you covered. Join us for a discussion on how to prepare for this year's H-1B Cap season. The government will start accepting H-1B Cap subject petitions on April 3, 2017 (through April 7) for an October 1, 2017 start date. Discussion topics include:
- Trump administration potential impact on the H-1B program
- H-1B requirements and mechanics of the process
- Preparation tips
- Identify H-1B Cap subject candidates
- Finalize job offers, job descriptions and requirements
- Document gathering
- Who qualifies as a Cap exempt employer?
- Tricky scenarios
- Likelihood of being accepted in the "Lottery"
- Alternatives to H-1B status
Please click here
for more information and to register.